Meal Time Ideas for Vibrant Health
- Fresh fruit slices or fresh fruit salad sprinkled with ground almonds.
- Almonds, cashew nuts or sunflower seeds soaked overnight in water and blended with fresh fruit or fruit juice and yogurt, soya milk or silken tofu.
- Muesli (oat, rye and barley flakes with seeds, nuts and dried fruit) soaked overnight in water, fruit juice or soya milk.
- Scotch oats or coarse oatmeal soaked overnight in water and cooked into porridge. Eaten with raw honey and soya milk.
- Rye crackers, rice cakes or oatcakes spread with nut butter.
- Whole wheat or wheat substitute toast with flax oil and sugar free jam.
- Free range eggs – soft boiled or poached
- Miso soup with tofu and vegetables
- Whole grain pancakes or waffles with fresh fruit and maple syrup
- Potassium broth made by sauteeing an onion, some garlic and a leek then adding carrots, potatoes, turnip and any other vegetables you have. Add water and cook lightly so that the vegetables retain their crunch. Add any desired herbs and a spoonful of miso at the end of cooking to flavor it up.
- Whole wheat sandwich with slices of marinated tofu, humus, sprouts, vegetable burgers, avocado, lettuce, soya cheese etc.
- Crackers with bean spread made with white butter beans soaked overnight in water, drained and cooked till soft then put in a food processor with tahini, mustard, tamari, garlic and any herbs or spices you desire.
- Salad of a million types.
- Steamed vegetables with a dribbling of flax seed oil or tahini.
- Grains of all sorts – rice, buckwheat, corn, millet, quinoa, amaranth. Try them as side dishes as well as in burgers, stuffings and pilafs.
- Vegetable or bean stews, nut loaf, baked vegetables, pies etc.
- Pasta dishes made with soya cheese.
- Vegetable and bean soups.
- Organic, grass fed meat a few times per month
- Organic, free range eggs 6 – 8 per week
- Wild caught fish a few times per week
- Fruit smoothies made by blending fresh fruit and soya milk or yoghurt.
- Carrot, celery or red pepper sticks with tofu spread or hummus.
- Crackers with miso, tahini, nut butter, honey, tofu or bean spread, sugar free jam etc.
- Lots of fresh, clean water, drunk at room temperature.
- Herbal teas, can be drunk hot or iced.
- Cereal coffee substitutes.
- Slices of fresh ginger and crushed cardamom seeds, simmered for a few minutes in a tightly covered pan and flavored with lemon and honey.
- Fresh fruit juice mixed half and half with water.
- Soya milk (plain, vanilla, carob).