Chanchal is available to help you plan every aspect of your herbal business, including:
- product design and contents rationale
- sourcing high quality raw materials
- pricing and costing
- good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures
- legal and licensing issues
- business organization and strategizing
- effective marketing and promotion
I have over 30 years in the herbal industry and have worked extensively in USA, Canada and UK.
In 1993 I started an herbal medicine manufacturing facility and a retail shop in Vancouver BC with $20,000 and a lot of hope and faith. 11 years later, when I sold to begin my next venture, the business was debt free and turning over $1.25 million annually, employing 10 people full-time and another 18 people part-time, with two retail outlets and a mail order division shipping to over 25 countries.
During those years I designed and developed almost 600 products that we sold under our own label. These included:
- 35 herbal tincture blends for health care
- 45 herbal tea blends for health care and for pleasure
- Aromatherapy blends for various health concerns
- Skin care products for different skin types (cleansers, toners, moisturizers, scrubs, masques etc)
- Body oils
- Aromatherapy perfume blends
- Aromatherapy room spray blends
- Bath and hair care products
- Natural pet products
From 1996 – 2002 I was a member of 3 different consecutive advisory committees established by Health Canada to review and create regulations for natural health products. This culminated in the formation of the Natural Health Products Directorate in Ottawa, where I subsequently held an advisory capacity during the start-up phase.
Business Consulting Background
- Designed and developed encapsulated herbal products for Natural Wellness, an international mail order herbal supplier.
- Consultant for business start up and preliminary product design for Natural Health Products, a practitioner only line of herbal supplements.
- Consultant to Mother Earth Foods West Virginia, in designing and developing a herbal dispensary.
- Consultant to Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine BC in designing and developing a herbal dispensary.
- Product design specialist for Zen Chocolate (therapeutic doses of botanicals in every bar).
- Product design and development, promotional materials design and development, manufacturing support and business consulting for: Yerba Prima, Herbal Republic, Nature’s Sunshine, Harmonic Arts, GreenLeaf, Falcon Ridge Farm, BioForce.
CHANCHAL CAN ASSIST YOU
Chanchal Cabrera is available for business consulting services in the following areas:
- Formulating – design and process, Safety review, product literature.
- Chanchal was the founder, product developer and formulator for Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary for 11 years and created a production line of almost 200 blends (teas, tinctures, creams, lotions, oils, liniments and more).
- Chanchal was the consulting herbalist for the Natural Health Products Directorate (Health Canada) from 1996 – 2002 and helped develop the monographs that are used now for granting product licenses.
- Quality control and good manufacturing processes – development, design, delivery, audit.
- Chanchal implemented full GMP requirements into Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary, manufacturing over 600 items under their own label.
- Chanchal teaches QC and GMP guidelines to the naturopathic profession to assist them in choosing quality products.
- Dispensary design and development, pharmacy processes and procedures, inventory management.
- Chanchal has been in clinical practice since 1987 and has seen several thousand patients.
- She has set up and supervised a busy herbal pharmacy and herbal products production facility and developed all the controls required to run it successfully.