The Bach Flower Remedies are a very subtle way of using plants to heal emotional aspects of a person. They are gentle, effective and completely without harmful side-effects. The following questionnaire has been devised in order to help us to determine the most effective remedies for you at this present time.
Underneath each name write a number from 0 to 10 according to how strongly you identify with the emotions ascribed to each category. A zero (0) means that you do not experience this emotion while a ten (10) means that you strongly experience this emotion. To determine your remedies take the 3 – 5 highest scoring remedies and use 4 drops of each in a clean glass dropper bottle. Top up with 50% brandy and 50% pure spring water. Take 4 drops four times daily.
- Do you ‘suffer in silence’, holding in your fears and worries and hiding them behind a brave face?
- Do you dislike being alone and seek companionship in order to forget your worries?
- Do you use drugs or alcohol to dull your fears and anxieties?
- Do you have vague or formless fears?
- Do you have fears of unknown origin or a sense of impending dread?
- Are you critical and intolerant, or lacking in patience and understanding?
- Do you crave order and discipline in yourself and others?
- Are you timid and easily imposed upon?
- Do you have a hard time saying no, and find yourself doing things for others that you don’t really want to?
- Are you easily influenced by other people?
- Do you doubt your own abilities, judgements or beliefs?
- Do you have a hard time making decisions and seek the advice of others before making commitments?
- Do you tend to imitate others?
- Do you have a fear of losing control or of breaking down?
- Do you feel desperate or suicidal?
- Do you have sudden violent impulses toward yourself or others?
- Do you tend to repeat mistakes and to fail to learn from experience?
- Are you possessive or interfering in the lives of others?
- Do you easily feel hurt, rejected or offended?
- Are you irritable or demanding?
- Are you dreamy and inattentive, lost in your thoughts?
- Are you absent-minded, impractical or pre-occupied?
- Are you with-drawn, preferring your own company?
- Do you fall asleep in the day or frequently feel drowsy or listless?
- Do you feel physically or mentally unclean or disgusted with yourself?
- Do you feel you have said or done something contrary to your true nature?
- Are you excessively fussy and house proud?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by responsibilities or the demands made on you?
- Do you feel exhausted and unequal to the task required of you?
- Do you feel despondent, melancholic or depressed?
- Are you easily discouraged?
- Do you feel hopeless and despairing?
- Do you feel like ‘giving up’?
- Are you self-centered and full of self-concern?
- Do you dislike being alone but when with people spend the whole time telling them your problems?
- Do you tend to exaggerate your problems (make mountains out of molehills)?
- Are you jealous, suspicious or filled with hatred for others?
- Are you bad tempered and aggressive?
- Are you nostalgic or regretful of the past?
- Are you homesick or unable to shut off memories?
- Do you feel mentally or physically weary?
- Do you doubt your ability to recover or cope?
- Are you irritable, impatient or full of nervous energy?
- Do you feel that others do things too slowly?
- Are you accident prone through haste?
- Do you feel inferior or lack self confidence?
- Are you convinced you will fail before you even try?
- Do you suffer from fear of known cause?
- Do you feel a despair or depression for no apparent reason?
- Do you feel a ‘dark cloud’ of gloom descending without cause?
- Are you tired or despondent but stubbornly persevering?
- Do you have trouble asking for help from others?
- Do you feel a total fatigue of mind and body after some long ordeal?
- Do you feel ‘burnt out’ with no reserve strength?
- Do you find it hard to be interested in things that used to give you pleasure?
- Do you feel guilt and self-reproach?
- Do you blame yourself for the mistakes of others?
- Are you over-conscientious but rarely satisfied with you achievements?
- Are you excessively concerned for other people?
- Do you feel terror or panic?
- Do you have nightmares or panic attacks?
- Do you have strong opinions or ideals that are hard to live up to?
- Do you practice rigid self-denial or self-domination?
- Do you suffer from indecision or uncertainty?
- Are you frequently pulled between two possibilities, causing you to continually change your mind?
- Do you swing between extremes of emotion such as joy and sadness, energy and apathy or optimism and pessimism?
- Do you suffer from travel sickness?
STAR OF BETHLEHEM:
- Are you suffering from shock due to bad news or a sudden fright?
- Are you suffering from extreme anguish or mental torture?
- Have you reached the limit of your endurance?
- Are you highly strung or a perfectionist?
- Do you tend to take on too many jobs at the same time?
- Do you feel tense and unable to relax?
- Do you crave or exert power and authority?
- Do you like to be the leader and expect obedience from others?
- Are you inflexible and lacking in compassion?
- Are you going through a significant transition or change in your life?
- Are you making big decisions and feeling an over-influence from others?
- Are you proud, aloof or condescending?
- Do you resent any interference in your affairs by others?
- Do you experience persisted thoughts that you cannot switch off?
- Do you feel pre-occupied and lack concentration?
- Are you dissatisfied with your current situation but unable to decide how to change it?
- Are you talented and ambitious but at the same time frustrated and depressed?
- Do you feel resigned or apathetic?
- Are you weary and lacking in vitality?
- Do you feel hurt, bitter or resentful?
- Are you irritable, sulky or a ‘grumbler’?
- Do you begrudge the good fortune, health or happiness of others?